Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

What is Trunk or Treat?

It's when our church groups park their cars on the parking lots, decorate them and pass out candy. It is a safe alternative to traditional trick-or-treat. There is free hot dogs, coffee and hot chocolate. There are games and lots and lots of candy, all free. Last Wednesday night, the First Church of God had its annual "Trunk or Treat," but because of the terrible weather we had outside, it was held inside. Obviously we would like you to come back. We are in the soul-saving business.

In the newspaper we see politics, obituary notices, drug busts, accidents and advertising. It is nice when something nice happens in the community. We used to have a section in the newspaper that told when someone did something nice for someone. (Editor's Note: And we still do, Good Morning Good News that appears periodically on Saturdays).

My point being, all the above mentioned articles flood our papers every day. But I am here to tell you that there are good people in our community.

Our church was blessed to be so crowded we weren't sure we could get all the kids through in the two hours or not. We saw a lot of adorable costumes and some of the cutest babies ever. And our people were amazing. They worked hard for the glory of God, it just made me proud.

My point being is that we saw an amazing team of Christians working together to bring this event to any child that wanted to come. We had greeters, food servers, welcome center to hand out information about us, and tables and more tables down the halls with teams at their decorated tables passing out candy. I couldn't be any more proud of my church family, than I am now. It took teamwork and lots of candy to pull this off and we did so with an amazing style. The amount of work that it took all of us to set up, tear down and clean up was well worth it. We hope all who came enjoyed themselves.

I think it is time for all denominations of churches to step up and be disciples of God it speaks of in the Bible. If the polls are right, they say 87 percent of people surveyed believe in God and say they are Christians. I learn something every time I go. If you haven't "found" where you belong at, try our church, we have a great pastor and lots of dedicated people who work together for the good of our community.

Thank you Bellefontaine First Church of God for all your outreach programs. I don't know where I would be without your love and support.

God Bless You.

Alana Roberts
Bellefontaine

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn