Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Toddler burned in Ohio house fire dies

LORAIN, Ohio (AP) — A 4-year-old boy who was trapped inside his northeast Ohio home when it caught fire last month has died from his severe burns.

Authorities said Nasire King suffered second- and third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body in the fire March 23 in Lorain, west of Cleveland. The boy died Tuesday at a hospital.

Firefighters said the toddler was sleeping under a blanket when a 6-year-old sibling set it on fire with a cigarette lighter.

Authorities say two adults and seven children lived in the wood-frame home, which was a total loss.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn