Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Relieved, school moves on after shooting case

CHARDON, Ohio (AP) — School officials from a northeast Ohio district say they're relieved that the case is over against a teen convicted of shooting and killing three students in a high school cafeteria in February 2012.

The Chardon School District says in a statement Wednesday that the sentencing of 18-year-old T.J. Lane will allow families of the victims, students and the community to move on.

Lane was given three life sentences on Tuesday for the killings at Chardon High School, east of Cleveland. He pleaded guilty last month to aggravated murder in the shootings that also left three students wounded.

The school district says its thoughts and prayers remain with the victims and their families and that the sentencing allows everyone to take another step toward healing.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn