Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Fire displaces residents

Firefighters from two departments along with all off-duty personnel were called in to combat a structure fire that occurred about 4 p.m. Friday that displaced four people from their respective apartments and caused extensive damage.

Heavy smoke was coming from 408 W. Sandusky Ave. when Bellefontaine Fire and EMS responded.

The blaze began as an unattended cooking fire in apartment B, firefighters report.

Displaced from their apartments were Sidney Ball, William Walters, and Jessica Ball and Faisal Alawdi. Two residents reportedly were treated at the scene, but were not transported.

See FIRE on Page 4

The residence is owned by Mary and Rick Henry of Bellefontaine.  Firefighters reported finding no working smoke detectors in the house.

Logan County Red Cross is assisting the residents.

Tri-Valley Fire Department assisted at the scene. The fire reportedly caused $80,000 damage to the structure and its contents.

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn