Created on Thursday, 14 November 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
A defendant pleaded guilty to assaulting a man outside an Indian Lake bar and two other defendants were sentenced to local jail in other cases this week in Logan County Common Pleas Court.
Wesley Oakley, 24, of Wapakoneta, pleaded guilty to attempted felonious assault, a third-degree felony.
The charge is the result of a June 9 fight outside Captain’s Point, 305 E. Harrison St., Lakeview. Video from the business shows the defendant punching and kicking his victim, and throwing a glass bottle that broke over the man’s head, Logan County prosecutors said.
He will be sentenced Dec. 16.
Others pleading guilty were:
• Brandi Porter, 30 of Bellefontaine: illegal processing of drug documents and was granted intervention in lieu of conviction. She must complete drug and alcohol counseling and three years’ community control; and
• Jacob Siler, 27, of Bellefontaine: theft and was granted intervention in lieu of conviction. He must complete drug and alcohol counseling and three years’ community control and the probation incentive program.
• Daniel Melson, 39, of Russells Point: 30 days in Logan County Jail, three years’ community control, a six-month driver’s license suspension and was ordered to pay court costs, attorney fees and a $250 fine for possession of drugs;
• Joshua Snyder, 28, of Bellefontaine: 30 days in Logan County Jail, two years’ community control and was ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees for misuse of a credit card;
• Migel Medina, 32, of Bellefontaine: five years’ community control and was ordered to pay court costs for non-support of dependents; and
• Nicole West, 25, of Mechanicsburg: three years’ community control and ordered to pay court costs and restitution for petty theft.