Created on Tuesday, 08 October 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Crews from the Bellefontaine City Street Department begin the annual leaf pickup Oct. 24.
Leaves are beginning to pile up in the city, including these this morning near Brown Park along east Sandusky Aveue. Bellefontaine’s City Street Department will begin picking them up later this month on a schedule. Early pickup of leaves is available beginning the week of Oct. 21, officials announced. (EXAMINER PHOTO | NATE SMITH)
Residents should pile leaves as near as possible to the street, but not in the street or curbs or on sidewalks.
Residents should avoid parking in front of piles.
Piles should be free of branches, brush and trash. No bagged leafs will be accepted.
The first round schedule is:
• Oct. 28-30, north of Columbus Avenue and east of Main Street;
• Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 and 4, south of Columbus and east of Main;
• Nov. 5 and 6, south of Columbus and west of Main; and
• Nov. 7 and 8, north of Columbus and west of Main.
The second round schedule is:
• Nov. 12-14, north of Columbus Avenue and east of Main Street;
• Nov. 15, 18 and 19, south of Columbus and east of Main;
• Nov. 20 and 21, south of Columbus and west of Main; and
• Nov. 22 and 25, north of Columbus and west of Main.