Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

UPDATE: Lathe catches fire, damages business

wcbusfire

A metal lathe reportedly overheated and caught fire about 10 a.m. Tuesday at Easley Machine, 1211 W. Columbus Ave.  Bellefontaine Fire and EMS responded to the business, owned by Eric Easley, and extinguished the blaze. Although damage to the building was minor, total losses were estimated at $30,000 to $40,000.  No one was injured. Crews were on scene for about two hours. Bellefontaine police also responded. Andy Stidham is listed as the building's owner. An incorrect address was provided to the Examiner in initial fire reports. (EXAMINER PHOTO | NATE SMITH)

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn