Created on Thursday, 20 June 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Ohio Hi-Point Career Center school board members gave strong reviews to the district treasurer and filled a handful of staff positions Wednesday at a regular meeting.
Treasurer Eric Adelsberger received a “stellar” evaluation from the school board.
“Eric does a wonderful job in painting us a financial picture of the district,” related board vice president Bill Ramsey.
The board approved employment of high school staff Craig Sammetinger, Riverside agriculture instructor; Kaylee Paul, math; and Melissa Gonglik, guidance counselor.
Employment for Dale Zumberger and Janet Hunt, business and industry consultant instructors; and Melony Baker, nursing instructor.
In other action, the board approved/accepted:
• resignation of Kristin Loy, social studies instructor, for personal reasons;
• attendance of Tom Carrig, printing and graphics, and Bob Newland, auto collision, at Roland Academy Vehicle Wrap training in Louisville, Ky.; and Angie Walls, early childhood education, to attend the National FCCLA convention in Nashville;
• donation of a Toro garden tractor and a 2010 Honda Cross Tour for use in the auto technology lab;
• Tom Brookhart as delegate and Jeff Burroughs as alternate to the Ohio School Boards Association convention; and
• a lease agreement with the city of Urbana for the Grimes Field airport hangar.