Created on Thursday, 13 June 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
A babysitter’s boyfriend faces five charges for molesting a girl under the age of 10.
Jonathon Kramer, 22, of 11524 Leoline Drive, Lakeview, was charged in a Logan County grand jury indictment with three counts of rape, first-degree felonies, and two count of gross sexual imposition, third-degree felonies.
Deputies of the Logan County Sheriff’s Office allege the defendant was left by his girlfriend, the babysitter, to care for the children and he sexually abused the girl.
The incidents occurred in February.
Logan County Children’s Services assisted in the investigation as did specialists at Children’s Hospital in Columbus.
In another sex case, Charles Adkins, 44, of 9096 Township Road 71, DeGraff, faces five counts of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, fifth-degree felonies, and nine counts of pandering sexually oriented matter, fourth-degree felonies.
He was identified by Internet Crimes Against Children, a Cleveland-based investigative unit, as exchanging known child pornography images via public Web sharing sites.
• Kodi Smotherman, 21, of 106 N. Main St., West Mansfield, was charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and assault of a peace officer, a fourth-degree felony, for a March fight with Logan County Deputy Ryan Brown.
Dep. Brown spotted the suspect and knew he was wanted on a warrant. When confronted, the defendant took off running and headed to a friend’s residence.
He could not get in and a scuffle ensued outside the door. During the fight, the defendant lunged for the deputy’s waist and attempted to take the deputy’s duty pistol.
When the residents of the home opened the door, the defendant went inside and was pursued by Dep. Brown and others who arrived on the scene.
He was finally subdued.
Other indictments handed up Tuesday charged:
• Jason Clevenger, 31, of 645 S. Township Road 33: two counts of domestic violence, third-degree felonies;
• Daniel Matheson, 36, of Columbus: two counts of burglary, third-degree felonies;
• Jason Brandon, 28, of 1018 Heritage Court: two counts of trafficking in drugs, fourth-degree felonies, and two counts of possession of drugs, fifth-degree felonies;
• Jack L. Davis, 49, of Charlotte, N.C.: forgery, a fifth-degree felony;
• James Allison, 25, of Lima: possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony;
• Kandal Harrison, 36, of Columbus: complicity to possession of drugs, a second-degree felony; complicity to possession of drugs, a third-degree felony; complicity to possession of drugs, a fourth-degree felony; and possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony;
• Gregory Abbott, 46, of Urbana: complicity to possession of drugs, a second-degree felony; complicity to possession of drugs, a third-degree felony; complicity to possession of drugs, a fourth-degree felony; and possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony;
• Miguel Medina, 31, of 208 W. Chillicothe Ave., Apt. 1: four counts of nonsupport of dependents, fifth-degree felonies;
• Ronald Conkle, 43, of 1240 Carlisle St.: four counts of nonsupport of dependents, fifth-degree felonies; and
• Lance Brandyberry, 22, of Urbana: theft, a fifth-degree felony, and misuse of credit cards, a first-degree misdemeanor.