Created on Wednesday, 14 May 2014 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
A sex offender was sentenced to jail this week by Logan County Common Pleas Court Judge Mark S. O’Connor.
Christopher Price, 26, of 6913 County Road 28, Zanesfield, was sentenced to 30 days in the Logan County Jail, placed on three years’ community control and ordered to pay a $250 fine, attorney fees and court costs for one count of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, a fifth-degree felony.
He must also have no contact with the victim, according to a court order.
He was also labeled a Tier I sexual offender, which requires him to register his address annually for 15 years.
The defendant was indicted in November for charges that also included a third-degree felony charge of importuning.
Also sentenced were:
• Cody Predmore, 23, of Bellefontaine: The West Central Community Based Correctional Facility, and five years’ community control for theft and conveyance of drugs into a detention facility;
• Stephanie McClain, 29, of Lima: 120 hours of community service, five years’ community control and ordered to pay court costs and restitution for one count of complicity to commit burglary;
• Richard Reck, 50, of St. Marys: three years’ community control, a six-month driver’s license suspension, ordered to be assessed for counseling and ordered to pay a $250 fine and court costs for possession of drugs; and
• Brett Zachariahage, 44, of Kenton: 60 days in Logan County Jail, three years’ community control, ordered to undergo counseling and pay attorney fees and court costs for domestic violence.
Seven defendants pleaded guilty this week, and are to be sentenced June 16 following presentence investigations:
• Steven Akers, 32, of Bellefontaine: one count each of theft, and theft of a motor vehicle;
• Shane Kramer, 40, of Rushsylvania: possessing a weapon under disability;
• Audric Clay, 27, of Columbus: one count of possession of weapons under disability, and two counts of possession of drugs, and he forfeited $2,501; and
• Joshua Butts, 25, of Russells Point: permitting drug abuse.